- Created by: chloeb123
- Created on: 14-02-19 17:38
AO1 questions that could dome up:
- Examine Christian attitudes towards wealth
- Examine the dangers of wealth, with reference to Biblical teachings (Mark, Matthew, Luke, Timothy)
- Examine the Prosperity Gospel
- Examine the apparent contradiction between biblical teaching on stewardship and ascetic ideal
Bible provides mixed messages about wealth and therefore, there are different attitudes towards wealth. Most Chrsitians are influenced by Jesus' views on wealth
Jesus - "life does not consist in the abundance of possessions."
The 4 main Biblical passages that warn us of the dangers of wealth:
Mark 10:17-25 - "it is impossible to enter the kingdom of God if you are wealthy ... so to govern this, keep the mosaic law."
- Jesus is stating that the kingdom of God is more important than money/wealth
Matthew 6:25-34 - Comes from the Sermon on the Mount. We must define righteousness in a new way. "Do not worry about what you will, drink or wear. The gentiles strive for these things and your Father knows what you need."
- Jesus is telling Christians to have the right priorities. Keep away from the anxiety of materialism and focus on spirituality
Luke 12:33-34 - "Sell your possessions and give aims."
- Jesus is asking Christians to sell their possessions and give to the needy. This is the main test of entering the kingdom…