- Created by: nicole beaumont
- Created on: 30-10-18 20:05
The rate of reaction depends on 4 things:
- The concentration of a solution or the pressure of gas.
- Surface Area-this changes depending on the size of the lumps of a solid.
- The presense of a catalyst
Increasing the tempreture increases the rate:
- When the tempreture is increased, the particles move faster.
- If they are moving faster, they are going to collide more frequently
- The faster they move the more energy they have, therfore the the collisions will ahve enough energy to make the reaction happen
Increasing the concentration or pressure increases the rate:
- If a soloution is made more concentrated, it means there are more particles knocking about in the…