- Created by: Abir765
- Created on: 11-03-20 18:09
Key quotations for Exposure
“…But nothing happens”
· Repetition of ‘but nothing happens’ throughout the poem suggest and gives the readers a sense of boredom caused by waiting.
· It also hints that war is pointless.
“Our brains ache in the merciless iced wins that knive us”
- · Personification and Sibilance
- The weather is personified so that it can look dangerous, menacing and deadly.
- · The personification might also suggest that weather is the real enemy of soldiers.
- · The sibilance here highlights the intensity of pain and brutality of the weather.
“Dawn massing in the east her melancholy army”
- · Personification