THE NATURE OF THE PROBLEM
- Agustine: 'Either God canot abolish evil, or he will not; if he cannot then he is not all-powerful; if he will not then he is not all-good'
- inconsistent trad- should they drop one of God's characteristics so that his exitence is a copatible with evil?
DIFFERENT TYPES OF EVIL
- Hick: physical pain,mental suffering & moral wickedness
- Natural evil- suffering caused by natural disasters
- Moral evil- suffering caused by human selfishness
RESPONSES TO THE NATURE OF EVIL
- 2 stages of creation
- man was created as immature being that had yet to grow and develop
- period of change where man would respond to situations in life & eventually beocme 'child of God'
- God created…