- Replicability: whether the study can be easily replicated or not.
- Ecological validity: the extent to which the experimental situation is like real life.
- Generalising: the extent to which you can generalise the findings from one setting to another.
- Controlling variables: preventing extraneous variables from affecting the results.
- Demand characteristics: when participants change their behaviour in some way, intentionally.
- Direct intervention: the extent to which the experimenter gets involved in the experiment.