Liberty of Sponaneity:
- Humans are free to do whatever they wish to.
- Within the confines of their nature, background and education.
- Eg. Luke is free to marry Petunia because he wishes to but this would be determined by his education, social conditioning and genetics.
- If we have this freedon, then the everlasting God could know in the present, our future free actions.
- But this is not genuine freedom as our choices are determined by our makeup.
- Most theologians maintain that we have genuine freedom (libery of indifference).
Similar Philosophy resources: