- Created by: tillywithwings
- Created on: 16-04-15 16:05
Charles Darwin was the first person to propose how evolution takes place through natural selection. He described his ideas in a book title In The Origin Of Species published in 1859. His theory was a big shock as people at the time believedin the special place of humans in the natural world and in a benevolent creator or God. Darwin incorporated the ideas and observations of other people, including Alfred Russel Wallace, into his theory of natural selection.
These following ideas are central to Darwin's theory:
- There is variation in characteristics between individuals of the same species
- Overproduction means that organisms produce more offspring than will survive to adulthood
- There is a struggle for existence,…