- Created by: Sarahfowokan-ajala
- Created on: 23-02-17 15:16
Particular genes or accidental changes in the genes of plants or animals may give them characteristics which enable them to survive better. Over time this may result in entirely new species.
There are different theories of evolution. Darwin’s theory is the most widely accepted.
What is darwins theory?
- Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection states that all species of living things have evolved from simple life forms that first developed more than three billion years ago.
- He discovered artifical selection and found that natural selection could alsodo this without man
- Darwin’s theory of natural selection was only gradually accepted
The theory of evolution by natural selection was only gradually accepted because:
- the theory challenged the idea that God made all the animals and plants that live on Earth
- there was…