Evolution & Darwin
- · in the past the world has been inhabited by species that were different from those of today
- · Old species die out - why would one species die out?
- · New species have arisen - why would a similar one replace it?
- · New species appear similar to the older ones found in the same place - did one give rise to another?
Evidence has been gathered from past and present animals such as Brachipods, Armadillos and Glyptodonts
Fossil are also useful
More Recent evidence
- Certain molecules foudn through out the living world - if one species gave rise to another they are likely to have similar biological molecules
- Closely related species that have evolved reccently wil have similar or identical biological molecules
- Species that took seperate evolutionary paths a long time ago will differ more
- Molecules such as cytochrome C (respiration) & proteins show this pattern of changes
DNA & RNA found in all living things
Central part of these protein is similar across living…