- Evporation is when particles escape from a liquid.
- Particles near the surface of a liquid can escape and become gas particles if;
- The particles are travelling in the right direction to escape the liquid.
- The particles have enough energy to break free from the attractive forces of other particles in the liquid.
3. The particles with the most energy are most likely to evaporate from the liquid.
4. When the particles with the most energy evaporate, the average energy of the particles left from behind decreases.
5. This means the temperature of the liquid left behind falls - the liquid cools.
- When a gas cools, the particles in the gas slow down and…