Euthanasia is the painless killing of someone dying from a painful disease. This is a controversial issue because some view it as murder whereas others see it as helping someone to carry out their wishes
Types of euthanasia
- Voluntary euthanasia= a person's life is ended deliberately and painlessly at their request
- Assisted suicide= providing a seriously ill person with the means to commit suicide
- Non-voluntary euthanasia= ending someone's life painlessly when they are unable to ask, but you have good reason for thinking they would want you to do so.
Euthanasia in the UK
- All forms of euthanasia are against the law
- Switching off a life support machine for a patient who is…