Christian attitudes to war:
- Christ's teaching - people should love one another and try to live in peace
- Most think sometimes war is necessary to overcome evil (in old testament)
- War is still wrong, but can be the lesser of two evils
- Sometimes necessary to fight in defence of the weak
- The bible gives differing viewpoints, giving christians the choice of deciding which is most relevant to their situation.
- Christianity is a missionary religion - so they have always actively sought converts
- Christianity has been involved in 'Holy Wars'
- Example - the Crusades (Christian Europe fought to keep…