When developing a piece of software, the software developers generally agree to work by the following ethical code which forms part of their employment contract:
1. Act consistantly with the public interest and in the best interests of their client or employer.
2. Develope and maintain their products to the highest standards.
3. Participate in lifelong learning.
Many people are interested in looking after the environment. Growth of computers has caused three main concerns:
1. the recources used to create technology.
2. the amount of energy used and how this is generated
3. How old equipment is broken down and how it affects environment in the future.