Essay Structure.- the rule of three
1) Answer the Question with your thesis statement showing basic arguement.
2) Justify by introducing your points.
3) Method- how are you going to answer the question .
1) Topic Sentence
3) Analysis-explain quotation, link to question, close analytical work including language/ form / structure & contexts and different interpretations.
1) re-answer the question
2) Summarize you main points.
3) Conclusion statement -what you have found.
ESSAY PLANNING-the 10 steps
1) understand the question -key words & commands - characters and themes
2) re-read the related text - in light of question - highlight key phrases.
3) brainstorm ideas - mind map
4) Edit the points - cut down coursework -4 points, exam - 3 points --that you can develop.
5) Conclusion - think about points relating to this.