- Created by: Mgseme2005
- Created on: 04-05-20 13:58
The process of erosion creates can create different landforms along the coastline.
Wave cut platforms
- Destructive waves erode the base of the cliff with processes such as abrasion and hydraulic action. This causes a wave-cut notch in the platform
- As there's a continued erosion, the notch increases in size and causes the rock above it to become less stable until it collapses.
- The backwash and waves wash away the debris from the cliff leaving a wave cut platform
- The process repeats and the cliff continues to retreat.
Headland and Bays