- Created by: abbiedye
- Created on: 28-01-19 19:35
What is the basis of discrimination?
- race - racism
- culture - share different beliefs/customs
- disability - disabilism
- social class - economic/educational status
- age - ageism
- gender - sexism
- sexual orientation - homophobia
- religion - a system of beliefs/values
What is direct discrimination?
- intentionally putting someone at a disadvantage or treating them unfairly based on their differences
What is indirect discrimination?
- when a policy, practice or a rule applies to everybody but it has a detrimental effect on some people
- the discrimination is accidental or unintentional
What are the types of abuse?
- physical - causing physical pain or threatening
- verbal - name calling, insults, swearing