Henrik Ibsen- A Doll's House (1879)
- "You know how devoutedly, how inexpressedly deeply Torvald loves me!"
- Realises at the end that he doesn't love her and it is all a facadę
- "I did it for love's sake!"
- Shows how people feel that love is a justification of sorts.
- "I make believe to myself that we are secretly in love"
- Telling of Torvald's true disposition- he loves ideas and fantasies, not Nora.
- ***STAGE DIRECTION- IMPORTANT***
" (tries to tear herself loose) (goes round to the other side of the table)- Nora…
Similar English Literature resources: