- Writers aim their work at a specific audience.
- This can be shown by the content, and the form. E.g, if it is for children, it may have more images and bold fonts.
- The vocabulary can also tell you who the work is aimed at. Complex language normally means it is aimed at adults.
- The language can also show how much knowledge the audience has about the subject. Technical vocab will be aimed at people who know a lot about the particular subject.
- There are four common purposes of writing.
- The purpose means why the article or book was written - what the writer was…