- Created by: evierutherford1999
- Created on: 27-04-18 12:36
Key Characteristics of the gothic:
- ABJECT - The abject is concerned with societal taboos, surrounding the materiality of the body. it states that horrors arise from exposure to bodily excretions such as blood. the Abject also accounts for being respulsed by something grotesque yet attracted to it.
- UNCANNY - uncanny effects – simultaneously frightening, unfamiliar and yet also strangely familiar. A past that should be over and done with suddenly erupts within the present and deranges it.Ghosts, like gothics, disrupt our sense of what is present and what is past, what is ancient and what is modern, which is why a novel like Dracula is as full of the modern technology of its period
- LABRINTH - labrinths were very historical castles in the olden…