- Created by: GreenGooSnake
- Created on: 06-08-19 00:41
It's the start of the course, so you'll no doubt be full of enthusiasm and energy. By the time you reach the end of this topic, you should have the energy to...
- Understand that energy can be held in different types of energy stores.
- Describe the transfers of energy an object goes through when it moves, changes shape, changes its chemical composition, changes its position in a field or changes temperature.
- Describe the energy transfers that take place when an electric circuit is completed.
- Give examples of situations where an object is transferring energy between different stores.
Energy Can Be Stored.
Energy can be held in different stores, such as:
Kinetic (Movement) Energy Store:
Anything that moves has energy in its kinetic energy store.
Electrostatic Energy Store:
Two electric charges that attract or repel each other have energy in their electrostatic energy stores.
Magnetic Energy Store:
Two magnets that attract or repel each other have energy in their magnetic energy stores.
Elastic Energy Store:
Anything stretched has energy in its elastic energy store - things like rubber bands, springs, knickers, etc.
Chemical Energy Store:
Anything with energy which can be released by a chemical reaction - things like food, fuels and batteries.
Thermal Energy Store:
Everything has some energy in its thermal energy store - the hotter it is, the higher its temperature and the more energy it has…