Electromagnetic induction - the creation of voltage in a wire which is experiencing a change in magnetic field
Moving a magnet in a coil of wire induces a voltage...
- You can create an electromagnetic induction by moving a magnet in a coil of wire or moving a conductor in a magnetic field ('cutting' magnetic field lines)
- Moving the magnet from side to side creates a little blip of current
- If you move the magnet in the opposite direction, the voltage/current will be reversed too
- Also if the polarity of the magnet is reversed, the voltage/current will be reversed
- If you keep moving the magnet backwards and forwards, you produce a voltage that keeps swapping direction…