- Created by: Kittycatlover
- Created on: 01-10-19 07:53
- Can be used to monitor the electrical activity of the heart.
- Some of the electrical activity that is generated by the heart spreads through tissue surrounding the heart and the skin.
- A healthy trace consists of a series of waves and has a particular shape.
- The waves are labelled P,Q,R,S and T.
- Wave P shows excitation of the arita, when thyey begin to contract and therefore represents atrial systole.
-Wave QRS indicates exciation of the ventricles, when they begin to contract and therefore represent ventricular systole.
-Wave T shows diastole, when the heart chambers are relaxing.
The shape of an ECG can indicate that there is a problem with the heart muscle. It can detect various…