Electrical Energy and Charge
- PD (basically voltage) carries a flow of charge through the appliance carried by electrons.
- Coulomb (c) = amount of charge flowing through in 1 seconds per 1 amp.
- CHARGE = CURRENT x TIME
- (coulombs) (amps) (s)
- Q= I x T
Q= Charge in coulombs
I= current in Amps
T= time in seconds
Energy and Potential difference
- When a resistor is connected to a battery:
- electrons pass through the resistor because of the battery -->
- each electron then repeatedly collides with the vibrating metal ions in the of the resistor --> and this transfers ENERGY to the RESISTOR.
- because the resistor now has energy, the ions of…