Pollution of the atmosphere.
- Carbon monoxide is a posionous gas produced by incomplete combustion.
- Nitrogen oxides are formed when N2 and O2 combine together. At high temperature in a petrol engine this happens and they react with water vapor in air to form acid rain and photochemical smog.
- Sulphur dioxide is another contributor to acid rain as sulphur impurities in crude oil react with water vapor to form sulphuric acid( Acid rain).
- Carbon particulates exacerbate asthma and cause cancer.
- Carbon dioxide is a green house gas. It is produced by burning hydrocarbons. Even though we need a significant amount to trap infra-red radiation, to keep the earth warm. It is rising…