Effects of lifestyles choices:
- Low salt diet: help kidneys function better, prevents high cholesterol.
- Excess of bad fats: Too much can cause obesity (problems with joints, strains the heart, blocks arteries – increases blood pressure, increased risk of heart attack/stroke, gall stones, sleep apnoea). Especially saturated animal fats.
- Too much sugar: can cause diabetes, tooth decay.
- Organic food: with no pesticides reduce cancer risk; contain a lot of vitamins and minerals.
- Diet without vitamins weaken immune system and affect fertility. Can cause mood swings.
- Too much protein can lead to bladder and kidney stones.
- Too little water causes dehydration – poor brain function and lowers kidney function.
- Low fibre: constipation, cancers.
- Good fats: fat soluble minerals: A+D. They are unsaturated fats:…