- Fly on the wall documentary.
- Created a narrative out of the clips; selection of footage to form a specific story.
- Shown on channel 4- channel based around differences in society, channel made to show all aspects of society.
- See each character, and relate to them; personally identify or know someone like them.
- Superficially edited to make it look like stereotypes appear even though they may not actually be like that in real life.
- Praised for insight into the life of teenagers.
- Criticised for the swearing by the teachers and students.
- Episode focused on teenage pregnancy had complaints from parents as it set a bad example.
- Bullying in school was also seen as a problem.
- Won Grierson best documentary 2012- prestigous prize for the work that took place on filming the documentary.
- Spin off- Educating Yorkshire and Educating Cardiff. Spin offs are a good thing as it shows they are popular format and show that people enjoy.
- Headteacher was called Mr Drew, he had a personal spin off called Mr Drews school for boys, which featured boys…