- Created by: Sash
- Created on: 23-05-13 11:03
What does the poem suggest? Present?
- Presentation of an argument - an extended metaphore of an onion (unusual)
- Love is dangerous
- Straight forward - love is like an onion
- "I give you an onion." - Presenting a different view of love
- Extended metaphore (unusual)
- "moon wrapped in brown paper." - Romantic image (moon) alongside the brown paper of the onion.
- Direct Contrast
- Use of senses (sight)
- "********** of love." - Naked body / emotions (Sensual)
- "blind you with tears like a lover." - an onion stings your eyes just like a lover can cause you pain and anguish
Similar English Literature resources: