- Coal Business suffered from competition from petroleum.
- Cotton and woollen textiles faced competition from new synthetics especially rayon.
- By 1929, 200 corporations controlled nearly half the nation's assets.
- General Motors, Ford and Chrysler turned out nearly 90% of all American cars. Dominating the market.
- Agriculture was affected by high foreign tariffs.
- Agricultural prices fell due to overproduction which was partly caused by thr use of new chemical fertilisers- KEY CAUSE OF THE DEPRESSION.
- The 27,000 families with the highest annual incomes in 1929 received as much as the…