what they do-
Work in 26 African and Asian countries.
They Aim to provide CLEAN water in a SUSTAINABLE way.
- Land locked- 274 thousand km!
- densely populated 12.4 million
- reduced rainfall levels
- few schools, health facilities and public services
- Very poor
- ONLY 51% have access to clean water!
- 12% have access to sainitation
large numbers are moving into towns leading to slums :(
water aids aims-
- help 50,000 gain access to clean water.
- support locall organisations
- raise there own funds to help water pumps keep going
- train locals
- 32000 people gained access to clean water
- started a credit scheme for sanitation and soap making enterprise with women
- supported the establishment of water and sanitation
Yake- they put a water pump in the villiage to provide locals with clean water
socially sustainable- prevents people wanting to move away and over crowding cities.
economically sustainable- wont cost a large amount each year.
environmentally sustainable- doesnt effect the enviroment.
SWINDON- H O N D A