Date: 6th april 2009
Size: 6.9 magnitude on the Richter scale
Cause: Movement along a crack at a destructive margin
Cost of Damage: Around $15 billion
- There are laws on construction standards,but some modern buildings hadn't been built to withstand earthquakes.
- Italy has a civil protection departmant where their train volunteers to help with things like e.g rescue operations.
- Around 290 deaths
- Hundreds of people were injured
- Thousands of buildings were damaged or destroyed
- A bridge near the town of Fossa collapsed , and…
Similar Geography resources: