Rich and poor countries are affected differently
The effects and responses ( how everyone reacts) to them are different in different parts of the world.
Size:7.6 on the Richter scale
Cause: Movement along a crack in the plate at a destructive plate boundary. Eurasion and Indian plate hitting each other
Cost of damage: Around $5 billion
- No local disaster planning was in place.
- Buildings were not designed to be earthquake resistant
- Communications were poor. There were few roads and they were badly constructed.
- 79,000 deaths,mostly from collapsed buildings
- Hundreds and thousands of people injured
- 75% of buildings destroyed
- Entire villages and thousands of buildings were destroyed
- Water pipelines and electricity lines were broken, cutting…