- Created by: applesaucepenguin
- Created on: 18-12-18 19:49
9 months- mothers womb:
- one cell became 2 and then 4 etc.
- 3 weeks- head, spinal cord and beating heart
- 4 weeks- 4mm long with umbilical cord for oxygen and nutrients
connects to the spinal cord
- motor and sensory nerves to and from the brain to the rest of the body
- AUTONOMIC nervous system- not consciously done e.g. breathing,sleeping,heart beat
Most developed part of the brain at birth. Controls basic functions needed for survival.
'little brain' - top of spinal cord
- coordination of movement > balance
- coordinates sensory information with motor activity > sensorimotor
- has some…