- Created by: deanwilloughby24
- Created on: 30-09-18 22:58
Functionalism: Durkheim, Solidarity and Skills.
- Argues that society needs sense of solidarity - individual members must feel themselves as part of the community.
- Argues that without social solidarity, social life and cooperation would be impossible. Each individual would persue their own desires.
- Education system helps to create that social solidarity by transmitting society's culture.
- Argues that the teaching of a county's history instils in children a sense of shared heritage…