Duke of Northumberland:
- He appointed himself as Lord President of the Council rather than Lord Protector.
- The policy of Scottish Garrisons was abandoned
- The council was remodeled by Paget- so that it worked as a more united body
- Efforts were made to reduce food prices and to improve funds for poor relief
- In 1550 Northumberland negotiated the return of Boulogne to the french in exchange for a lump sum of 400 crowns
- From 1550 there was peace with France - Edward agreed to a betrothal to a french princess
- He appionted a royal commision to investigate the revenue courts and make them more efficient.
- Under his direction Cecil and Mildmay greatly reduced crown debts
- Used Thomas Gresham to negotiate better interest rates on forgien…