DNA is Made of Nucleotides that contain a Sugar, a Phosphate and a Base
- DNA is a polynucleotide - it's made up of lots of nucleotides joined together.
- Each nucleotide is made from a pentose sugar (5 carbon atoms), a phosphate group and a nitrogenous base.
- The sugar in DNA nucleotides is a deoxyribose sugar
- Each nucleotide has the same sugar and phosphate. The base on each nucleotide can vary though.
- There are four possible bases - adenine (A), thymine (T), cytosine (C) and guanine (G)
Two Polynucleotide Strands Join Together to forma Double Helix
- DNA nucleotides join together to form polynucleotide strands
- The nucleotides join up between…