Discuss practical applications of one theory of cognitive development (24 marks)
8 A01+ 16 AO2
- When a child is a certain age they are ready to learn new skills. Activities can be developed to encourage the skills progress. This will be facilitated by the teacher (english & maths especially). Depending on the skills needed to learn by the child and its age these techniques may be used by the teacher: -puzzle solving with toys and props. -mixed group puzzle solving so less able children can be helped and learn from more able children. -problems specific to age appropriate logic and reasoning.
- Schaffer '04 called it Piaget's greatest contribution to the education system.
- Brainerd '83 demonstrated that younger children can learn to conserve when given appropriate training
- Difficult to judge/vague concept.
- IDA: Biological approach.
- Piaget suggested…