DIRECT CURRENT- Electric current in a circuit that is in one direction only.
- most likely objects that have a direct current run off a battery eg a torch
ALTERNATING CURRENT- Electric current in a circuit that repeatedly reverses its direction (ie up, down). it flows like this in successive cycles.
- objects that have a AC is mains supply in a house.
- FREQUENCY= number of cycles it passes through each second.
Measuring an alternating Potential Difference
- an oscilliscope- used to display the shape of an electrical wave- can be used to measure:
- PEAK POTENTIAL DIFFERENCE and FREQUENCY of a low voltage AC SUPPLY
- PEAK PD
- (is the same as peak voltage)=
- THE MAXIMUM VOLTAGE MEASURED, FROM 0 VOLTS.
- you measure at…