- Created by: Olivia Grace Matthews
- Created on: 09-06-15 19:54
For a Question about New Orleans/Early Jazz or Joe Oliver...
- Storyville with areas for whites and black but they were segregated
- 9 Improvised Blues choruses (12 bars each), a composed tag and an intro
- Ragtime like form of choruses
- Solos are most striking aspect but no individuals are allowed to dominate
- Cornets: Alternating melodic line through call and response (typical blues) = virtuosic. Extra cornet provides denser polyphony to whole ensemble…