- the net movement of particles from an area of high concentration, to an area of lower concentration.
- It takes place because of the random movement of the particles in gas or of a substance in solution in water.
- Diffusion will take place quicker if there is a big difference in concentration.
- Overall (net) movement = partices moving in - particles moving out
- the high the temperature diffusion takes place at, the quicker it is.
- the movement of water form a high consentraton to a lower concentation through a partially permeable membrane.
osmosis in animal…