- proteins: used for the growth and repair of muscles and cells & some energy. Found in meat, fish, eggs, cheese, nuts and beans.
- carbohydrates: starch for storing energy, fibre for the removal of waste & sugar for instant energy but it makes you tired afterwards, no real nutritional value. found in pasta, bread, potatoes and rice.
- fats: for warmth, energy, insulation & the protection of vital organs. Found in cakes and sweets.
- minerals: salt for fluid balance, calcium for strong bones and teeth & iron for healthy blood.
- vitamins: A for good eyesight, B to help the nervous system, C for healthy skin and membrains & D for strong bones and teeth.
Fats are needed in the diet for energy, the structure of body cells, vitamins A and D, to keep us warm and to protect major organs.
We need to cut down on the amount…