To have a healthy lifestyle, your diet needs to be balanced. Specific food groups are used in the body for specific things:
- carbohydrates release energy.
- fats keep you warm and release energy.
- protein for growth, cell repair and cell replacement.
- fibre to keep everything moving smoothly through digestive system.
- vitamins and mineral ions to keep skin, bones etc generally healthy.
Energy is needed to fuel the chemical reactions in the body. The reactions are called your metabolism and the speed of this is…