Changes as a country develops
- The wealth of a country increases as it develops.
- Wealth is meausred by GDP and GNI.
- As a country becomes wealthier, the number of people living in poverty decreases.
- These changes affect people's quality of life.
- This can be measured by the infant mortality rate and the number of people per doctor.
- Both of these decrease as a country develops.
- An incraese in access to safe water and literacy rate shows an increase in development.
- Birth rate and death rate are measures of development.
- They both decrease with development.
- Develpment is also shown if there is an increase in life expectancy.
- A country is developing if it changes from a dictatorship to a democracy.
- As a country develops the way in which people live their lives may change.
- E.g. gender equality, education, e.t.c.
Devlopment measures have limitations
When used on their own the measures of…
Similar Geography resources: