- Created by: fflur
- Created on: 25-01-19 18:11
Deforestation describes when trees are removed from forests. The reasons why deforestation is happening at such a rapid rate are:
- Forest is often sacrificed to make room for cattle grazing as well as soya and palm oil plantations.
- Timber can be sold for profit.
- Additionally, trees must be felled to build roads that allow loggers access into the dense forest.
- Mining and selling minerals is a very profitable industry.
- Large areas of forest can be flooded when dams that genetrate hydroelectric power are built.
- Trees are often cleared to free up space for new settlements.
- On a small scale, individual farmers will often clear forest so that they can grow food…