- Created by: LydiaMae1401
- Created on: 18-11-19 19:45
- Behaviours that are statistically rare are seen as abnormal.
- Depends on normal distribution curve
- Most people are aroudn the mean e.g. average IQ is 100.
- Anyone outside the average usually two SD away from the mean are considered statistically rare (abnormal)
- An IQ of 70 or 130 --> statistically rare (abnormal)
Deviation from Social Norms
- Each societu has norms people must follow
- Implicit= unwritten norms e.g. queuing
- Explicit = written norms e.g. dont murder
- These who dont do what society deems acceptable are considered…