- Created by: KayleighWalsh
- Created on: 07-05-15 20:24
Day is situations where a child is looked after by people other than the mother or father.
- Nursery based care - trained workers / planned activities / OFSTED inspected.
- Family based care - Registered child minders / nanny au pair / informal (family/friends/neighbours)
Effects of day care on social development
- More contact with children their own age than those care for at home. Provides opportunity to develop social skills such as sharing and talking to others.