- Little progress was made, surgery wasnt the respected thing to do.
- It was that low regard that even simple surgeries such as tooth pulling were left to low paid assisstants and untrained barber-surgeons.
- Disections finally began in 1300, and brought the anatomy levels back to where the Romans left off. However progress was extrmemly slow as people copied from books and didnt develop new ideas.
- Surgery proceedures were still few and simple, as bleeding, pain, infection and lack of knowledge made them very risky.
- Attempts were made at both antiseptics and anesthetics but they were not widely adopted.