- A fossil fuel is a fuel made underground over millions of years. e.g. coal, oil, natural gas.
- Fossil fuels are non renewable
- Oil is made from dead plants and animals
- Coal is made from trees. Heat and pressure makes fossil fuels.Crude oil is not flammableonly some molecules are. Crude oil is a mixture of hydrocarbons (compounds made up of hydrogen and carbon)
- The most useful hydrocarbons are short because they easily become a gas
The crude oil is heated before it enters the column. Some fractions have a very high boiling point and they are still liquids so they drop out of the bottom. They are thick molecules called residue. As you…