Crown court appeal

HideShow resource information
  • Created by: Tiffany
  • Created on: 26-10-11 20:12

Appeals to the crown court (this is once the case has previously been to the magistrates’ court after a summary trial)


The defendant has the right to appeal to the Crown Court against conviction or sentence or both; this is because of the S.108 of the Magistrates’ Courts Act 1980.

This is an appeal


No comments have yet been made

Similar Law resources:

See all Law resources »See all The Criminal courts and lay people resources »