The Language of Reasoning
- Reason indicators: because, as, since, due to
- Conclusion indicators: therefore, thus, so, consequently, should
- Counter assertions/arguments are used in arguments so that they can be dismissed and so the argument is balanced, both of which strengthen the argument as a whole.
- Hypothetical reasoning is saying what will happen as a result of something else happening.
- An assumption is an unstated reason which the argument relies on - the argument needs this assumption to be true for the argument to work.
- Examples and evidence are not essential for…