- Created by: francescabroad
- Created on: 31-03-14 20:43
1) Green Paper - published to over parties, governement then makes improvements.
2) White Paper - published to the public for viewing.
3) House of Commons:
- First Reading - formal announcment of Bill and aims (normally no discussion of debate)
- Second Reading - debate on main principles of Bill (if majority vote against Bill it does not proceed farther)
- Committee Stage - group of 20-50 selected MPs to examine Bill in detail (go through each clause)
- Report Stage - committee return with amendments, House vote (amendment sticks…